Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Go

"And He said to them, 'Go...'"
Mark 16:15

Lately I've been having a hard time figuring out what to do with my life. I've been trying to find something to do that 'feels right' or that I think will be the best use of my life. I've looked into things and backed out, I've started applications and never finished them, and I've sent out just as many trying to keep options open. But my problem is, that I need to make a choice. I need to stop being afraid that I'll make a wrong decision and trust that God will take care of me and that His will will be done in me (because it will anyway).

The reference that I started this post with has been very convicting to me over the past couple of days. Jesus tells his disciples to go out into the world. He doesn't tell them to sit around and weigh there options or to wait for that one job or activity that 'feels' right. Now, I'm not saying that we shouldn't take time to understand what we're doing or that we should go charging into something without really knowing what we're doing. What I am saying is that we, as the body of Christ, need to stop worrying about how things are going to work out. We need to stop relying on ourselves to work things out and we need to put our trust in our Father, Master, Lord and Savior. He has a plan for us and no matter what happens He is in control.

"And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them..."
Mark 16:20

In Christ

1 comment:

  1. Dan -
    A very wise pastor told me once that God can't use someone who is sitting still. Moving forward, even if it turns out to be in the wrong direction, will allow God to work in and through you. It is true!
    Love you bud,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete